Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Survey won't stop corruption

--The Jakarta Post , 22 February 2005

The capital has been voted the most corrupt city in the country, according to a survey by Transparency International Indonesia (TII). The Jakarta Post interviewed residents here to get their comments on the survey's result.
Fahmi, 34, a taxi driver living with his wife and two children in Cipayung, East Jakarta.
Reports suggesting Jakarta is the most corrupt city did not surprise me. It was only a confirmation of what many Jakarta residents already know. The people have long complained that they must pay "extra fees" to government civil servants when they require city services.
I think Bang Yos (Governor Sutiyoso) ought to be ashamed by the report. And I hope that he will be tougher against corrupt city officials.
One thing I'm concerned most about is corruption by traffic cops. There are policemen who simply stop public transportation drivers, inevitably find some minor technical problem, then essentially force them to pay a bribe.
Therefore, I am also not surprised that the police department is considered the second most corrupt institution.
I'm actually pessimistic that such a survey will stop or reduce corruption, because it all boils down to the fact that these corrupt people have no shame.
Santi, 20, works as a janitor at the House of Representatives building in Senayan, West Jakarta. She is a high school graduate, who lives with her parents in Cipulir, West Jakarta.
Well, I only know a little about the issue from television reports. I do not read the papers.
I've heard that many corrupt officials have not been punished. Because of that, they will continue their corrupt ways.
Pak SBY (President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono) has promised that he would punish corrupt officials. I hope he will fulfill that promise.
I have several experiences of paying bribes, for example, when I last renewed my identity card and when I had to get my yellow work card (work eligibility form issued by the district manpower office). But I forget the exact amount of those bribes.

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger john spiteri said...

Ms Listiani Lestari of JI.Tebet Timur Dalam III D/14/16A Selatan 12820 Jakarta Indonesia.Home tel.2183703958 celf.+81511813232.The daugther of Soedarjo Darman & Sri Suyati.Born 13.9.71.Jakarta Indonesia.Passport M768670 & ID No.0953015309710312.
Did work my way to Europe with false documents. In just one day I got married to a stupid man who gave me liberty to full Freedom of Movements to Schangen. Being Muslem, gives me rights to marry again.Am on my way back to Tebet my home to meet my 'Gud-Friend' in Immigration Office who refresh me with new documents to double-cross stupid European men crazy for Indonesian girls.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger adrian devi said...

I read with interest what is written in the manifestation entitle:
"survey won't Stop Corruption."

Is not the Capital city of Jakarta which is corrupt. A country is made by people. People builds up their motherland identity. If there is anything wrong with the country. It's the people's.

Every one in Jakarta must do his duty and point out who is corrupt. Not just putting the blame on Government and Police?

I am leaving here my name and my identity and this what I'm doing now. I am exposing persons with full identity and documents exposing them with corruption and money laundering and sales of hard drugs from there own residence.

Useless blaming anybody. All of us must cooperate and fight corruption. Together everything is possible.

Most of young Indonesian girls have serious complexity problems in the personality..Something that makes them ashamed of being Indonesians.
They are spending long hours on the Internet in an attempt to find a way out of Indonesia. They even go to extreme resources and ask help and money from illegal institutions

Same dramatic story like that of Listiani Lestari and her father Soedardjo Darman. Today all six members of the family runs the most corrupt activity I describe as:
Tebet-Timur-Dalam-Underground-Mafia.
The brother of Listiani Lestari namely: Sigit Hendra Gunawan. Sleeps on the Internet roaming around in all Internationl Websites looking for his victims.Selling products he promise to send and after receiving deposit. Under the nickname Hermanto products never reaches the client. But Hermanto gainfully earned 4000 USdollars out of nothing. This what makes Jakarta.

To see story of Hermanto you may visit. www.word press.forum Indonesia.Captioned 'Survey won't stop corruption.'

Other activities run by Listiani family are as follows:- Hero Kesoema Pribadi have good contacts in Malaysia where he get regularly consignment of Drugs while Devi and Eva sells and distribute from Jl.Tebet Timur Dalam III.D.No.16. RT.005 RW.003 S.Jakarta 12820.
While Listiani Lestari travel to Europe with Forged Passport she buys from Jakarta-Black-Market.

This what makes Jakarta Corrupt not the City.

I promise you full cooperation in fighting whats damaging the Beauty of Indonesia.

One reconsiders need in traveling Indonesia. Corruption everywhere you go and growing to extreme level especially in Jakarta.

Any one wish to conntact me:-

John Spiteri email doger@onvol.net
or fax 00356 27001008.
I am in possession of documents and pictures from this crime in Tebet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home